High-Performance Buildings / Sustainability Consultant
Re:Vision Architecture, a deep green architecture and sustainability consulting practice located in the Manayunk neighborhood of Philadelphia, is adding TWO positions to their Sustainability Consulting Studio, a Senior Project Manager (demonstrated high-level experience of 5-10+ years) and a Project Coordinator (demonstrated 1-3+ years of experience). The Senior PM role will lead projects and advance new strategic initiatives within the firm; the Coordinator role will support projects and growth initiatives until they are able to lead them.
The work in this studio involves the following, in rough order of volume of work by type. Note that team members do not need experience in every type of work but all team members should be skilled in multiple of the following areas. Please clearly note your areas of interest and expertise in your application.
· LEED certifications (majority of projects at this time)
· Evaluating sustainable design and construction options and making recommendations
· Visioning, goal-setting, and community engagement around sustainability
· Passive House design consulting
· Passive House verification
· Living Building Challenge certifications
· Enclosure commissioning
· Building performance testing (HERS, IAQ Testing, Thermography, Blower Door)
· Energy, hygrothermal, and daylight modeling
· Life-cycle and carbon assessments
· SITES certifications
· Net-zero energy, carbon, and water certifications
· Sustainable design support and feasibility studies for architects, owners, contractors
· Well + Fitwel
The team member we are looking for fits many of the following statements:
- has a demonstrated commitment to and passion for sustainable design and development through education, career choices, and/or volunteer work;
- ideally, has an educational background in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management;
- has a solid comprehension (Coordinator) or deep understanding (Sr. PM) of sustainable design;
- has green building rating system familiarity (Coordinator) or significant project experience (Sr. PM)
- is a LEED AP and/or credentialled in another green building certification program, such as WELL or Passive House;
- has experience using Revit (ideally);
- has experience in design and construction processes;
- is a skilled at keeping track of a high volume of detailed information, schedules, etc, as well as creatively motivating and inspiring others to meet deadlines and provide needed information;
- is detail-oriented and highly organized;
- enjoys and is skilled at the teaching, coaching, and customer-service aspects of consulting work;
- is curious by nature and interested in finding new ways of doing things—both for clients and Re:Vision;
- understands how to creatively effect positive change within typical business constraints faced by many Re:Vision clients—tight schedules, limited budgets, litigation concerns, and/or existing corporate standards and ways of doing things;
- is skilled with MS Office Suite, especially Excel, and is familiar with graphic design programs (we use a suite of programs called Affinity)
- has related technical skills that bring added value to the above work—such as energy modeling, energy audits, WUFI, Daylight Modeling, LCA analysis, indoor air quality testing, building enclosure commissioning, sustainable materials consulting—you tell us…
- is a generally positive and good-natured person and colleague.
At this time, Re:Vision is a hybrid work environment with in-office and remote days. Following the pandemic, Re:Vision’s plan is to return to a largely in-office experience with flexibility for periodic remote work. We are able to support full-time positions but also open to exploring other scenarios.
Candidates who bring increased cultural diversity (broadly defined) or gender balance to our studio will receive strong consideration.
Targeted start date in early Fall 2021.
Candidates should send cover letter, resume, and any relevant work samples to [email protected] Please indicate how you learned of the position. If you require a Visa currently or in the near future in order to work, clearly describe your situation. All inquiries will remain confidential.