Director of Operations – Good Karma Cafe
Good Karma Director of Operations
The Director of Operations is the Good Karma Café Brand Ambassador. At Good Karma, we aim to live our values; providing Good Karma in everything we do for the benefit of all stakeholders – Employees, local/global community, Customers, and company stakeholders.
The Director of Operations delivers a quality guest experience and strong financial performance through an engaged team, solid business systems and consistent execution. Balance the needs of the guests, team and company. Build a culture of both care and accountability. Analyze and review cafe operations driving any issues or concerns observed to resolution.
The Director of Operations is in store, developing staff, working alongside the teams, and developing relationships with local businesses with field leadership. This is a hands-on management position.
PEOPLE & CULTURE Build and maintain engagement of the team by providing an excellent employee experience. Develop talent plans for departments that prioritize diversity at all levels and build and develop the capability of our people to take on positions of greater responsibility. Work with supervisors and managers to hire, train, coach and lead their teams. Demonstrate compassion and care in relationships with teams while setting clear expectations and accountabilities.
OPERATIONAL SYSTEMS Reflecting our company values, the Director of Operations will drive business performance through the achievement of our cafe’s key success factors (KSF) and increase operational efficiency. Evaluate processes and procedures, and develop strategies and implementation plans to improve and standardize all aspects of operations. Ensure compliance with quality standards, jurisdictional and federal employee law and health codes. Partner with the support team for timely resolution of repairs, maintenance, lease, and other facility issues.
GROWTH With responsibility for the P&L of the market, the Director of Operations will drive top-line sales and execute effective cost controls through labor & COGs optimization. Execute all marketing plans and programs, ensuring precise and timely set-up, excellent execution, accurate and timely performance feedback.
RESULTS Attain seasonal, annual and long-term financial goals by setting up strategic initiatives and metrics cafe leadership teams. Report on financial performance of the cafes. Leverage technology platforms to build reporting and track key metrics. Manage team to consistently execute and deliver predictable results by creating standards of operational excellence.
– Multi-unit café/restaurant company experience (3+ years)
– 5+ years supervisory or team based experience with demonstrated proficiency in developing talent.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Experience with retail systems and processes.
– Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external customers to maximize performance and results
– Strong hands-on leadership skills.
– Warm, approachable presence.
The Ideal Candidate – You possess an entrepreneurial spirit, excel in innovation, and can implement strategies under pressure. Your passion for community and brand awareness is evident in your work. Above all, you embody the culture through collaboration, driving results, and building a future.
• Has a passion for hospitality & bringing out the best in their teams; proven talent leader & developer
• Excellent organizational & time management skills and acute attention to detail
• Can demonstrate experience achieving business results with P&L ownership
• Possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Is a team player with an all-hands on deck attitude
• Is an agile leader with ability to lead teams through change
• Thrives working in a high stress, fast-paced work environment
• Has flexibility to work nights/weekends as work demands
• Ability to curate menu options that tailor to local community and GK brand for cafes i
• Passion for food and sustainable practices
• Experience developing educational materials
• Outstanding work ethic and ability to consistently meet daily company goals
• Confident communicator who possesses a positive attitude towards collaboration
What You Get To Do Every Day
• Developing long term strategies for all cafes with a focus on customers acquisition through high-touch
food and beverage services
· Utilizes existing tools to identify and priority communications and filters communications to store management team.
• Ensure the café is consistently meeting or exceeding the highest standards of quality
• Utilization of industry knowledge for educational training on all products offered
· Monitors and manages region management and café staffing levels.
· Management / oversight of key GK Systems and processes – accounting, inventory management, point of sale etc.
• Product Procurement & vendor relationship management
• Budget reviews and analysis on a Monthly & Quarterly basis
• Menu development and implementation
• Update POS, digital and price tag menu change
Benefits & Compensation
· Competitive salary with productivity /incentive bonuses
· Flexible hours / day-time schedule
· 401K Benefits
· Paid Vacation
· Paid Healthcare
· Sick Pay
· Path to equity ownership