SBN members are independently-owned businesses headquartered in the Greater Philadelphia region that practice – and measure success by – the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profitability. To be eligible for SBN’s Business membership, businesses need to meet the following criteria:
- Headquartered in the Greater Philadelphia region.
- More than 50% of the business’s owners live within 50 miles of the business headquarters.
- Private, worker, cooperative, or community ownership.
- Decision-making authority is vested in the local owners and not subject to conditions dictated remotely (i.e. owners can make independent decisions on business practices, purchases, distribution, business name, and branding).
- Triple Bottom Line
- Currently practicing and/or committed to improving business’ triple bottom line.
For mission-aligned businesses that don’t meet SBN’s criteria for local independent ownership, but want to be aligned with SBN, connect with our members, and engage in our work, we offer several affordable sponsorship opportunities. Contact [email protected] for more information.
Businesses and non-profits eligible for membership that want to invest more in SBN and gain greater visibility are also encouraged to consider sponsorship.
Additionally, nonprofits in the Greater Philadelphia region that wish to join SBN’s network can do so as nonprofit members. Annual dues of $500 or $800 will be assessed based on annual revenues.
Because of the additional industry-specific programming, advocacy, and other benefits our GSI Partners receive, a yearly fee of $350 will be added for participating members.