Backyard Eats designs, installs, and maintains attractive and functional gardens that yield high-quality produce in our clients backyards. We are looking for a field professional to join our small team.
Timing & flexibility: We allow employees up to 1 day of the week to fulfill other commitments, except in the busiest period (May-June). After mid-November, work will slow down with installations only, and will stop as required by weather conditions.
Job Activities (on the job training is offered):
- Build exceptional quality raised bed gardens, including clearing, leveling grade, assembling wood, hauling & mixing soil, installing trellising, and fencing.
- Sow seeds and transplant vegetable starts according to a pre-defined planting plan. Install plant supports.
- Maintain gardens with weeding, pruning, and training, and application of organic insect and fungal disease controls.
- Learn to identify pests & diseases, critter damage, understand the needs and growth habit of almost 100 varieties of vegetable crops, and understand watering and fertilizer needs.
- 2 years experience in landscaping, gardening, or farming, or some combination of those
- Personal vehicle
- Heavy lifting and physical work in hot conditions (with paid breaks)
- Passion for sharing the home grown food experience with others.