Job Title: Communications Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job Status: Full Time, Permanent
Application Deadline: September 15, 2019
Start Date: November 18, 2019
About the Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia
The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN) is building a just, green, and thriving economy in the region. We inspire, challenge, and support the local independent business community to be change agents in the movement towards social equity and climate resilience. SBN members are independent businesses based in Greater Philadelphia that practice – and measure success by – the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. Since our founding in 2001, SBN has remained the region’s only membership and advocacy organization serving the local triple bottom line business community.
- SBN offers a variety of programming to our members and the broader local business community throughout the year that facilitate honest and supportive discussions among peers and provide important opportunities for civic dialogue.
- We connect members with each other, as well as decision makers, to exchange learnings and best practices, bond over commonalities, and share ideas for how policies and processes could better support local businesses to grow and thrive.
- We promote our members within and outside of our network, as well as the strengths of a local economy and triple bottom line practices.
- SBN advocates on members’ behalf throughout the year to ensure that small, locally-owned, and sustainably-minded businesses are fully supported to start, grow, and thrive.
The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN) is seeking a Communications Manager to oversee the design, implementation, and evaluation of all external communications activities to advance SBN’s strategic objectives; and work with the Executive Director and the rest of the SBN team to bring the organization into its next growth phase.
For this newly re-defined position, our ideal candidate is a creative self-starter with proven written communication skills that engage, inspire, and activate their audience; skilled at building and maintaining brand awareness; and understands and has connections with the local and regional media landscape. Our ideal candidate is also organized with a penchant for detail and processes; can confidently manage multiple projects with varying deadlines; thinks analytically and responds
strategically; and embraces responsibility and maintains ownership and accountability of his/her/their work.
The person in this position is part of the management team, and as such, is a thought partner on key strategic and organizational decisions.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, and in close collaboration and cooperation with other SBN staff, the Communications Manager will be responsible for the following, and other related duties as needed:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate communications strategy and editorial calendar that support SBN’s strategic objectives
- Develop, implement, and evaluate promotional and lead generation campaigns, including but not limited to SBN’s upcoming 20th Anniversary (2021)
- Manage and develop the design, content, and production of all digital communications, including but not limited to newsletters and website
- Manage and develop the design, content, and production of all organizational collateral and multi-media
- Ensure all communications align with SBN’s mission, voice, and organizational priorities
- Develop, implement, and evaluate strategy to increase and maintain positive brand awareness
- Identify media and press opportunities; produce high-quality content such as press releases and op eds
- Build and maintain relationships with local and regional media partners; serve as primary contact
- Analyze media coverage and develop responses when needed
- Provide copyediting as needed, such as for grant proposals and reports
- Monitor, analyze, and report on effectiveness of all communications, and adjust tactics as needed
- Manage the department budget and ensure milestones related to communications and public relations are achieved on time and within budget
- Demonstrated commitment to SBN’s mission and values
- Knowledge of the local independent business community and/or a triple bottom line economy strongly preferred
- Proficiency with WordPress, MailChimp, and other digital communications tools
- Proficiency with InDesign, Photoshop, and similar design programs preferred
- Familiarity with SalesForce preferred
- Ability to be flexible with morning and evening hours, and to attend off-site functions as needed
- Minimum 6-9 years’ relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as English, Communications, or Public Relations preferred
This is a full-time position. SBN offers a competitive benefits package with health, vision, and dental coverage options, as well as generous paid time off. Salary is in the high $40s/low $50s and commensurate with experience.
To apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant writing sample as a single PDF to [email protected], with the subject line “Last name, First name: Communications Manager.”
EOE: SBN is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. SBN’s non-discrimination policy can be found here.
SBN is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage people of color, and all gender identities and sexual orientations to apply for this and all open positions.