Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Term: Full-time, Permanent
Application Deadline: August 3, 2018
Start Date: September 24, 2018
About the Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia
The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN) is a community of local independent businesses that demonstrates the degree to which businesses can build profitable enterprises while serving community needs, sharing wealth, and protecting the environment. SBN’s mission is to build a just, green, and thriving economy in the Greater Philadelphia region. Since 2001, SBN has been the region’s leading advocacy and membership organization for businesses committed to improving their environmental and social impact as well as their profitability.
SBN offers a variety of programming to our members and the broader local business community throughout the year:
* We connect members with each other, as well as decision makers, to exchange learnings and best practices, bond over commonalities, and discuss how policies and processes could better support the local impact economy to grow and thrive.
* We promote our members within and outside of our network, as well as the strengths of a local economy and triple bottom line practices.
* SBN advocates on members’ behalf throughout the year to ensure that local independently-owned and sustainably-minded businesses are fully supported to start, grow, and thrive.
Position Description and Qualifications:
The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN) is seeking a Development and Operations Associate to provide support in key areas of organizational advancement as well as to ensure smooth and efficient day-to-day organizational operations. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of philanthropic trends and corporate giving behavior; a passion for using data to inform decisions and measure progress; be proactive and have strong organizational skills, with an orientation towards processes; an aptitude for detail and administrative work; polished communication and interpersonal skills; a propensity for problem-solving; a commitment to exercising discretion and confidentiality in all work-related matters; and be team-oriented while having strong self-management skills. The ideal candidate will also be familiar with SalesForce or similar CRM. Major Responsibilities:
Under the leadership of the Executive Director, and in close collaboration and cooperation with other staff, the Development and Operations Associate will provide crucial behind-the scenes development support, as well as administrative support in the following key areas:
* Support Executive Director in stewarding current relationships with philanthropic supporters and corporate sponsors, including through gift acknowledgements and periodic communications
* Support Executive Director in cultivating new philanthropic funders as well as corporate sponsors, including through prospect research
* Maintain funder and sponsor records
* Keep up with best practices for corporate sponsorship programs
* Support Executive Director in providing funders and sponsors with necessary documentation for proposals, reporting, and fulfillment
Office and Financials
* Ensure effective and efficient day-to-day operations, including record keeping, inventory maintenance, and oversight of facility and technical vendor relations
* Support the Executive Director in coordinating with accountants, including ongoing bookkeeping and annual audit
* Manage all vendor, member, and sponsor payments, as well as invoicing for contracts and sponsorships
* Work with Membership Manager to reconcile any membership payment issues
* Provide other administrative support and off-site support as needed
Additional qualifications for this position to what is noted above include:
* Demonstrated commitment to SBN’s values and mission
* Interest and/or experience in non-profit management
* Ability to be flexible with morning and evening hours as needed
* Ability to attend off-site functions
* Bachelor’s degree preferred
* Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience
SBN values diversity, equity, and inclusion in all our work, and encourages applications from women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups.
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume as a single .pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “SBN Development and Operations Assistant: Last name, First name