Landscaping Foreman, Ecological Landscaping
Foreman / Project Manager
Land Stewards, an ecologically based landscape firm, is seeking to expand its team with a dynamic, experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated project manager looking for an authentic working experience to lead our landscape projects. This is a unique position requiring a diverse skill set and experience. As a small firm, our positions inherently have diverse responsibilities.
Our projects include naturalistic gardens, meadow/woodland/streambank restoration, rain garden construction, invasive plant management and natural stonework. We take pride in our efficiency, knowledge and sensitivity.
Our focus may differ from conventional landscape companies. We use an exclusively native plant palette and indigenous materials. Our work is respectful to and reflective of place and aims to serve as habitat, stormwater mitigation, and food and nectar resources. We are seeking a Project Manager / Foreman that is interested in contributing to these goals through mindful, interesting and rewarding hard work.
The Project Manager/Foreman must possess: extensive knowledge of native plants and invasive plant management strategies as well as a broad understanding of landscape construction/restoration techniques and professional horticultural practices. This is a hands-on position blending critical thinking and analysis with physical labor to create beautiful, functional and healthy landscapes.
Responsibilities will consist of:
· Demonstrating thoughtful site analysis and understanding of goals and objectives
· Providing excellent customer service and communicating effectively and respectfully with clients and management
· Adhering to high operational standards and maintaining quality craftsmanship and professional service
· Ability to strategize and manage logistics to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner
Our ideal candidate will possess a B.S. in landscape architecture, landscape design, horticulture, environmental science or related field of study and possess 5+ years landscape experience including restoration projects and/or hardscaping and carpentry with 2+ years in management / leadership role
Other qualifications include:
· Strong knowledge of native plant communities and sustainable landscape strategies, including stormwater management and habitat enhancement
· Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills and adaptability to achieve stated goals as conditions or unforeseen circumstances arise
· Experience operating skid steer, backhoe, dump truck and other related machinery with proficiency
· Ability to read site and landscape plans and other relevant documentation and apply data as it relates to implementation
· Good physical health (ability to lift 50lbs) and ability to work full days in all types of weather.
· Strong work ethic. Demonstrated by a commitment to high quality work, and the ability to be both efficient and productive with excellent attention to detail.
Occasional weekend work is required.
Land Stewards offers a variety of professional development opportunities, group health insurance with employer contributions, and paid vacation time.
For information about Land Stewards, visit our website, www.land-stewards.com
Interested candidates may forward resume to: [email protected]