Landscaping Practitioner, Ecological Landscaping
Land Stewards, an ecologically-based landscape firm, is seeking to expand its team with experienced horticulturists, naturalists, plantsmen and masons.
Our diverse projects include naturalistic gardens, meadow/woodland/streambank restoration, rain garden construction, invasive plant management and natural stonework. We take pride in our efficiency, knowledge, and sensitivity.
Our focus may differ from conventional landscape companies; we use an exclusively native plant palette and indigenous materials, and our work is respectful to and reflective of place and aims to serve as habitat, stormwater mitigation, and food and nectar resources. We are seeking a Landscape Practitioner that is interested in contributing to these goals through mindful, interesting and rewarding hard work. Candidates must have experience with professional landscape practices including but not limited to planting, transplanting, pruning, and plant identification.
Other qualifications include:
- Must possess an understanding of native plant communities and have the ability to ID native, non-native and invasive plants.
- Must have 3+ yrs of experience operating gas-powered equipment (ie line trimmers, chainsaws, etc.) as well as larger machinery (skid steer, backhoe, mini excavator) and be proficient in landscape vernacular and professional practices.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs. and be able to perform a variety of duties in all types of weather including, but not limited to: bending, planting and working with their hands for 8+ hours daily.
Experience with hardscaping is preferred but not necessary. Service area includes Montgomery, Bucks, Philadelphia and Delaware Counties.
- Preferred applicants will hold a B.S. in Environmental Science, Sustainable Design, Horticulture, Landscape Architecture or related field of study.
Occasional weekend work may be required. Work is performed in all types of weather/seasons.
- Land Stewards offers a variety of professional development opportunities, group health insurance with employer contributions, and paid vacation time. For information about Land Stewards, visit our website, www.land-stewards.com
Interested candidates may forward resume to: [email protected]