Landscape Architect or Landscape Designer (3-5 Years of Experience)
Context and Fit
Roofmeadow is building an integrated site design studio committed to its triple bottom line: (a) financial health, (b) the balance and wellbeing of staff and community, and (c) meaningful contributions to environmental resilience. We are seeking a detail-oriented landscape architect or landscape designer who is equally mission-driven. The ideal candidate has 3 – 5 years of office experience and demonstrates a strong working knowledge of the construction documentation process. Other qualifications include:
- Experience in and passion for creating innovative stormwater management landscapes that advance bestpractices in compliance with local regulations.
- Interest in multi-disciplinary collaborations (e.g., with civil engineers, construction specialists, and policyspecialists) from project concept through project stewardship.
- Proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Suites, CAD, Rhino, and Sketch Up. Facility with Revit is preferred.
Focused largely on campus / urban infill sites and landscapes-on-structure (including green roofs), Roofmeadow champions a design-led blend of civil engineering and landscape architecture to create unique opportunities for distinctive place-making. Blending these traditionally separate disciplines reduces scope overlaps and gaps; fuels the creative process; fosters enthusiasm around collaborative problem-solving, and frees up budget for the inclusion of high-value landscape design.
Serve as a key point of contact among designers, clients, consultants and other project team members.
Design landscape projects (at grade and on structure) through all phases, under the supervision of the lead designer. Support the design through appropriate use of design software tools.
- Attend conference calls and project meetings with lead designer.
- Assist with project administration, tracking and organization through all phases, including organization and management of project files, tracking open issues, and scheduling.
- Demonstrate clear writing and communications skills.
- Demonstrate horticultural expertise, building on and enhancing existing working knowledge of plants andgrowing conditions.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of landscape materials and construction techniques.
- Accurately revise construction drawings from redlined updates.
- Review and prepare product submittals.
- Perform construction observation of field conditions and prepare associated field reports.
This position is an exempt (salaried) position with health benefits. The annual salary shall be commensurate with experience.
Roofmeadow is an equal opportunity employer; a diverse pool of applicants is sought. Interested candidates should email a cover letter, résumé, portfolio (single pdf file not exceeding 15MB), and references to Melissa Muroff at [email protected]
A little (more) about Roofmeadow
Roofmeadow is a twenty-year old, entrepreneurial-minded design studio, focusing on innovative designs for outdoor spaces that blend landscape architecture and civil engineering. Based in the Mt. Airy neighborhood of Philadelphia, our office environment is open, collaborative, energetic, dynamic. Our values reflect our triple bottom line commitment. We offer a creative, flexible working environment, prioritizing individual initiative and adaptive problem-solving skills as part of a small supportive team. Our site design portfolio includes institutional, academic, and mix-used development projects. We frequently work with Roofmeadow Services, Inc. (green roof maintenance and installation contractor), expanding our project delivery options to include design-assist projects. All Roofmeadow design staff benefit from the ample on-site construction phase experience in addition to in-office project development.
- Entrepreneurial-minded, team oriented, small office working environment
- Flexible working hours; a reduced work week is negotiable
- Health care benefits
- Reimbursement for continuing education required for professional licensure
- Dog-friendly office
Learn more about us at www.roofmeadow.com.