Job Title: Manager, Membership Growth and Stewardship
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job Status: Full Time, Permanent
Application Deadline: November 11, 2018
Start Date: January 2, 2019
The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN) is seeking a Manager of Membership Growth and Stewardship to implement, evaluate, and refine efforts to recruit, support, and retain a diverse community of local independent values-based businesses; and to work with the Executive Director and the rest of SBN’s team to bring the organization into its next growth phase.
Our ideal candidate is a dynamic community-builder committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion; is energized by personal interactions, communicates effectively in a variety of forums with stakeholders in the business community; and embraces ownership and accountability of his/her/their work.
Additionally, our ideal candidate has strong staff and project management skills; has strong analytical skills as well as creative problem-solving abilities; is oriented by data and metrics; and is familiar with SalesForce or similar Customer Relations Management (CRM) software.
The person in this position is part of SBN’s management team, and as such is a thought partner on key strategic and organizational decisions.
Under the leadership of the Executive Director, and in close collaboration and cooperation with the Programs and Events Coordinator, Manager of Communications, and other SBN staff, the Manager of Membership Growth and Stewardship will be responsible for the following, and other related duties as needed:
- Serve as a strategic leader, overseeing the implementation, evaluation, and refinement of efforts to recruit, support, and retain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community of local independent values-based businesses
- Refine, implement, and evaluate strategies related to increasing the number of new members
- Refine, implement, and evaluate strategies to ensure high retention of current members
- Proactively engage current and potential members through a variety of means
- Maintain meaningful menu and successful delivery of membership benefits
- Ensure membership collateral and other relevant materials remain effective and up to date
- Work closely with Programs and Events Coordinator, and other staff as needed, to manage and grow SBN’s robust calendar of activities
- Act as primary contact for members and prospective members
- Oversee all aspects of database maintenance and recordkeeping for members and prospective members
- Manage department budget
Additional qualifications for this position to what is noted above include:
- Demonstrated commitment to SBN’s values and mission
- Ability to be flexible with morning and evening hours as needed
- Ability to work off-site functions
- Experience working with the business community
- Experience managing staff
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience; prior experience with a membership organization a strong plus
SBN values diversity, equity, and inclusion in all our work, and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups.
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume as a single .pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “SBN Manager, Membership Growth and Stewardship: Last name, First name”