Meliora Design is a civil engineering firm founded in 2007 with a focus on sustainable site design, water resources management and structural engineering.
Meliora Design is seeking a motivated Structural Engineer interested in solving problems, working on a variety of project types and scales, and inspired by challenges of sustainability and energy. This is an opportunity to become part of a growing practice in a growing firm. This position will support and lead structural design and construction administration efforts for a wide range of projects such as adaptive reuse of existing buildings, new building construction, pedestrian and highway bridges, boardwalk structures and bridges for trails, rail transit, and the occasional pop-up garden or art installation.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in structural analysis, steel design, concrete design and timber design. They should be an innovative thinker and be able to work on multiple projects at the same time and meet deadlines. An interest or background in sustainability is a plus, as is advanced knowledge of AutoCAD. This is a full-time position with opportunity for growth.
· M.S. in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
· A minimum of 7-10 years of experience in structural engineering and design
· High proficiency in AutoCAD software
· Comprehensive knowledge of IBC, AISC, ACI and ASCE codes
· Registered as a Professional Engineer
· Experience with STAAD or similar structural analysis software
· Experience with LPILE or similar analysis software.
· Working directly with clients for project scoping and project management
· Communicating regularly (both oral and written) with co-workers and clients
· Leading multiple, unique assignments simultaneously, using organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Performing project management efforts, such as managing and developing project scopes, budgets, invoices and client deliverables
· Technical responsibilities include project design, reports and construction documents, CAD design, and construction administration activities (shop drawings, RFI’s, project site meetings, etc.)
Meliora is an equal opportunity employer with a flexible and dynamic work environment. We offer:
· Comprehensive Medical & Dental Insurance
· Health Savings Account (HSA) with Company Contribution
· Paid Annual Leave (vacation/sick/personal time)
· Paid Holidays
· 401(k) Retirement Plan with Safe Harbor Contribution
· Tuition Reimbursement Program
· Life and AD&D Insurance
· Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Flexible Work Schedule
· Professional License Reimbursement
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected]