Meliora Design is seeking a motivated Water Resources Engineer to support planning, design, and permitting efforts for a wide range of projects. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in engineering, be an innovative thinker, and have the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects under deadlines. This is an opportunity to work on a range of green infrastructure/LID projects of varying type and scale. An interest or background in sustainability is a plus, as is advanced knowledge of AutoCAD. This is a full-time position.
Meliora Design is a civil engineering firm founded in 2007 with a focus on sustainable site design, water resources management and structural engineering. Our firm has expanded to provide a wide array of engineering services to our clients.
- B.S. (M.S. preferred) in Civil Engineering or Biological System Engineering/Bio-Agricultural Engineering
- High proficiency in AutoCAD software and specifically AutoCAD Civil 3D
- PE preferred
- A background in sustainable stormwater management, LID, and/or green infrastructure design
- Understanding of federal, state, and local water resources and land development regulations
- Experience with Construction Administration
- Technical responsibilities include project design, CAD drafting, permitting, and construction administration activities as well as developing design reports and construction documents
- Working closely and communicating regularly (both oral and written) with coworkers and clients
- Working on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously, utilizing organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Working in groups or individually to provide a wide range of engineering skills including: site assessment, layout and grading, erosion and sediment control, hydrology, hydraulic analysis, storm water drainage systems, sanitary sewer systems, and water supply infrastructure
- Permitting applications at the local, state, and federal level
Meliora is an equal opportunity employer with a flexible and dynamic work environment, and opportunity for growth.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.