Deputy Director to Judy Wicks
Judy is seeking a full time Deputy Director (or two part-time positions) who shares her values around building a sustainable and just local economy, has excellent writing and communication skills and can provide administrative and operational leadership in helping to run Judy’s various non-profit organizations, as well as functions of her personal life. Candidates should have strong project management skills and be highly perceptive — with the ability to constantly anticipate what needs to be done and create and manage action plans to ensure follow-through. This person should be self-motivated and comfortable maintaining and improving upon the organizational systems that keep everything running smoothly. Strong communication skills are needed to write blogs and newsletters, take notes at events and meetings and manage PR requests. Must be comfortable in taking photographs and video and publishing to social media. The candidate should have strong managerial skills to oversee an assistant, who will do errands and other tasks, to help run Judy’s personal life. Also essential is an upbeat, amicable personality, flexibility and willingness to do what is called for, and a love of dogs. Experience in social change work for economic justice and sustainability is a strong bonus. Looking for someone who has a passion for addressing the climate crisis and a strong desire for local economy work, including family farms, entrepreneurship.
· Non-Profit Organizations (Proud Pennsylvania/All Together Now, Circle of Aunts & Uncles, Beagle Brigade)
o Marketing & Communications
§ Write/assist in writing a blog documenting Judy’s projects
§ Produce new content for social media and manage presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
§ Take and post photos and video.
§ Assist with events, book sales/public speaking
§ Update 4 websites as needed (SquareSpace and WordPress)
§ Build and maintain email lists
§ Write and/or help craft e-newsletters
§ Manage speaking inquiries and contracts
§ Accompany Judy to project meetings and take notes (requires some evenings and/or weekends, but not much)
§ Follow up on assignments from the meetings
§ Schedule meetings on doodle poll
§ Oversee book inventory, order more books as needed, send out books from website orders
§ Keep track of progress on projects
§ Act as a liaison with the bookkeeper to manage financials
· Personal Assistant Duties
o Maintain and improve office and digital operational systems
o Manage bank deposits, bill paying, and contributions
o Work with bookkeeper on taxes, financial reporting, etc.
o General office duties such as filing, maintaining office supplies
o Maintain photo and scrapbook archives
o Schedule dog walking and house/dog sitting
o Schedule house cleaners
o Oversee home repairs and maintenance
o Managing errands and shopping, or delegating to an assistant
o Miscellaneous tasks as they come up
· Must have a professional/polite and friendly/fun demeanor, as you will represent Judy in the work you do for her in the world
· Must have a drivers license.
· Must be able to work independently on a range of tasks
· Must have complete confidence in operating and organizing GSuite applications such as gmail, calendar, and drive.
· Must have confidence in digital marketing tools such as social media, SquareSpace, WordPress.
· Must be able to manage your own time to meet deadlines set by external factors, and also set deadlines for yourself and meet those successfully
· Must have hustle and strong work ethic
· Must have a commitment to excellence in everything you do
· Must have passion for justice and love of nature.
Nice to Have
· Previous personal assistant or executive assistant experience
· Interest in house sitting / dog sitting when Judy is away
· A car that can be used occasionally when Judy’s car not available.
Job starts: September
Hours: 40 hours/week, normally 9-5 M-F; hours may shift if there is an evening or weekend meeting.
Location: Fitler Square; some of the work may be done remotely.
Compensation: Starting at $45,000/year salary with 2 weeks paid vacation. No benefits.
To Apply: Send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter stating why you want the job and why you are the person for the job to: [email protected] Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered. Please also include three references.