Senior Landscape Architect/Project Manager
SALT DESIGN STUDIO is seeking a Senior Landscape Architect / Project Manager to join our team in Philadelphia!
The Senior Landscape Architect / Project Manager position will involve managing multiple projects simultaneously, guiding design from concept development through to construction documentation. Project Management includes developing project schedules, delegating tasks to other team members, conducting internal design charrettes and generating innovative and sustainable design solutions, and coordinating with a multi-disciplinary project team throughout the life of a project. You should be comfortable working independently on design solutions and drawing production, as well as collaborating with others in the studio. Work will also include conducting site visits around Philadelphia, participating in and facilitating community engagement meetings, and conducting construction administration tasks and construction observation site visits. SALT values professionals who are ambitious, creative, forward-thinking, and who know and love plants.
· 7-10 years of experience in a professional LA office setting.
· BLA or MLA from an accredited program.
· Licensed Landscape Architect.
· Experience managing projects and conducting construction administration.
· Highly organized and capable of multi-tasking and self-editing.
· Skilled in presenting design ideas to clients and stakeholder groups.
· Fluent in AutoCAD drafting, documenting and redlining designs from concept through Construction Documentation phases.
· Ability to produce visually compelling digital and hand-drawn graphics.
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Knowledge of native plants of southeastern Pennsylvania and skilled in Planting Design and Plant Identification.
· Team player who enjoys a small, tight-knit, collaborative work environment.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, and comfort with public speaking.
· Experienced with community engagement and managing participatory design.
Position is full-time and salaried, commensurate with experience. SALT values a healthy work-life balance and is happy to offer the following benefits and perks:
· Priority on a 40-hour work week for employees.
· Hybrid work environment: 3-4 days working in office in combination with 1-2 days working remotely each week.
· Paid time off for personal, vacation, and sick leave.
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
· 401(k) plan.
· Summer hours & paid time off for end of year break.
· Regular office field trips to local gardens and sites of interest.
· Annual continuing education allowance.
Email a letter of interest, résumé, references, and portfolio (or portfolio link) to [email protected] No files larger than 8MB via email and no phone inquiries please. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States and must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or medical/religious exemption.