Solar States is a Philadelphia-based solar company focusing on commercial and residential installations and solar education. We operate from one office in Philadelphia, PA. As a B-Corp, our company is committed to the pursuit of the triple bottom line: people, planet, and profit. Solar States has cultivated a highly productive, yet relaxed company culture. We are looking for self-motivated people who excel at working collaboratively in a growth-oriented environment.
Solar States is seeking a creative and enthusiastic Solar Sales Consultant to join our team of passionate solar experts. The Solar Sales Consultant will be responsible for generating leads and closing sales for both residential and commercial solar, and battery back-up installations throughout the greater Philadelphia and New Jersey region. As the primary, and often initial, point of contact with the customer, the consultant must be comfortable with in-home presentations, have a proven track record of closing deals while working independently and find excitement in public-facing representation of Solar States. The consultant must strive to understand the customer needs, assessing their energy goals and provide a seamless transition into solar energy through Solar States.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
● Generate solar energy customer leads
● Manage the sales cycle from lead generation to contract signing
○ track and organize client data in Solar States’ database systems
● Act as a knowledgeable and credible consultative sales professional to ensure a high integrity process that fully informs the client
● Drive a high level of self-generated sales through direct marketing, customer referrals, partnerships and events
● Conduct analysis of customers projected electrical usage and financial ROI and successfully execute a sales proposal and contract
● Select solar energy products, systems, or services for customers based on electrical energy requirements, site conditions and price
● Deliver exceptional customer service to the client, helping create a flawless experience for the client throughout the sales and installation process.
● Perform daily activities in a highly organized and interconnected team environment, using all company communication platforms (strong organizational ability required)
● Provide technical information about solar power, solar systems and/or equipment to potential customers
● Network in the community and in the industry through attending various events.
● Quantifiable track record of meeting or exceeding sales metrics
● 2-3 years of outside sales experience, with direct experience in solar sales
● Entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to fit into a team environment
● Highly knowledgeable about solar technology, with the ability to articulate the financial, technical and environmental merits of a solar system.
● Detail oriented and polite, with excellent verbal and written communication skills and a dedication to high levels of customer service.
● Ability to learn a technical product, work under stress, meet deadlines, prioritize and multitask
● Ability to work under minimal supervision after appropriate training
● Clean driving record and current and valid driver’s license
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Solar States offers a competitive compensation program commensurate with experience. Solar States offers vacation time, sick time, paid holidays and health insurance. Solar States also shares profits with employees, depending upon company and individual performance. Solar States is a Certified B-Corp and employees are expected to understand how and why B-Corps are different from regular corporations.
– plus commission (5-6%)
– Anticipated annual compensation: $60,000+
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.