Assistant Manager of Operations
Solar States – Assistant Manager of Operations
In the Assistant Manager of Operations (“AMO”) role, you will be responsible for the solar panel installation process from sale to install closeout. The AMO will be directly responsible for the workflow from contract signing, through scheduling, and closing out of the project after installation. The AMO is responsible for working with the Manager of Operations (“MO”), and scheduling installations, coordinating installations, customer contact, and project completion of assigned projects to ensure 100% internal and external customer satisfaction. The AMO assists with coordinating and implementing project objectives and procedures, directs and monitors construction and financial activities by working with the sales team, accounting team, on-site solar leads, site survey technicians, and other members of the Solar States team.
Responsible for assisting with coordination of key deliverables from design, procurement, construction, budget, and schedule from project inception through project closeout. This includes but is not limited to the below:
● Scheduling installations in coordination with homeowner and Solar States
○ tracking project timelines, managing change orders, and providing notices or dispute resolution if required
● Ordering all material for residential jobs in coordination with the Warehouse Manager and MO.
○ working with the Warehouse Manager and MO to ensure proper stock for commonly used materials, as well as for specific job sites.
● “Closing out” a solar job, including but not limited to a job completion email and confirmation from the solar crew that the job is complete, operational, and satisfactory.
○ working with the appropriate team member to ensure inspections, permit close out, interconnection, and monitoring is completed on time and correctly, as well as quality control and assurance.
● Overseeing the Permitting Inbox. The AMO’s direct reports should be the first line to respond to the inbox inquiries, but it is the AMO’s responsibility to make sure the inbox is being monitored and emails are being responded to in a timely manner.
● Overseeing and managing the Logistics Inbox and prioritizing their importance and knowing you may coordinate the responses with other Solar States team members or Managers when necessary.
● Responsible for overseeing the Permitting Officer and confirming their work is timely and accurate.
● Assist with company resource availability (installers, etc.) and operational needs to ensure achievement of established project goals.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Solar States offers a competitive, B-Corp certified compensation program commensurate with experience. Solar States offers vacation time, sick time, paid holidays and health insurance, as well as 401k. Solar States also shares profits with employees, depending upon company and individual performance.
Solar States has cultivated a highly productive, yet loose and relatively flat company culture. We are looking for self-motivated people who are good at working collaboratively in a group environment. You will be expected to work an average of a 40-hour week.
We expect all company property to be treated with respect. This includes driving company vehicles in a safe and courteous manner as well as handling tools and equipment with care and consideration.
1) MO (Manager of Operations)
a) Chief Operations Officer
i) Founder / CEO
ii) Business Manager
1) Permitting & Interconnection Manager
i) Installation Teams (just coordination)
ii) Homeowners (just coordination)
$40,000-$50,000 commensurate with experience
EMAIL RESUME & COVER LETTER