Solar States – Design Surveyor
In the Design Surveyor (“DS”) role, you will be responsible for administering on-site and virtual design site survey assessments for residential and small commercial properties. You will be directly responsible for aspects of the design survey including, but not limited to Drone assessment, outdoor and indoor assessment of electrical, roof, and structural aspects of the home. You will be obtaining and providing the Design Manager with all the photos, notes, and details necessary to ensure a smooth transition from Sales goals and requests to actual and practical but safe and efficient installation procedures.
Responsible for all residential and small commercial design surveys The responsibilities includes but is not limited to the below:
● Conduct physical (and virtual) design surveys with tools such as drones, tape measure, ladders, and personal protective equipment, independently or with a team
● Document the project site with photos and written notes using company templates and upload and translate that information into our online CRM and data storage sites
● Verify the initial or create updated system layout and equipment locations, including access pathways, ladder setup, electrical details, as well as alternate designs and/or conduit paths
● Assist in the completion of system designs for PV projects including: site plans, mechanical racking and attachment plans, single-line electrical drawings, specification of BOS location and interconnection details, and labeling with the Design Manager
● Ability to communicate effectively and frequently with customers, salespeople, and operations staff during the entire design survey process
● Provide operations and sales departments with engineering and technical support as needed.
● Attend and find training sessions on new products, installation methodology, and safety
● Understand the optimal design applications and design limitations of our standard products, and lead the evaluation of alternate products
● Self driven, motivated, with a desire to tinker and improve the current systems, as we are a small team and like people that can fill their time iterating and building new ideas
● Organized, detailed oriented as you will be tasked with thinking about lots of projects with small details
● Pristine communication and a strong level of accountability, we prefer to see a sense of responsibility to show up to work and continually do a great job
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Solar States offers a competitive, B-Corp certified compensation program commensurate with experience. Solar States offers vacation time, sick time, paid holidays and health insurance, as well as 401k. Solar States also shares profits with employees, depending upon company and individual performance.
Solar States has cultivated a highly productive, yet loose and relatively flat company culture. We are looking for self-motivated people who are good at working collaboratively in a group environment. You will be expected to work an average of a 40-hour week.
We expect all company property to be treated with respect. This includes driving company vehicles in a safe and courteous manner as well as handling tools and equipment with care and consideration.
1) Design Manager
a) AMO (Assistant Manager of Operations)
b) MO (Manager of Operations)
i) Chief Operations Officer
1) no one directly to manage
a) Sales team (just coordination)
b) Homeowners (just coordination)
$18-24/hour commensurate with experience
EMAIL RESUME & COVER LETTER