Solar States is seeking a creative and enthusiastic Office Manager and Bookkeeper to join our team of passionate solar experts. We are a Philadelphia-based solar company focusing on commercial and residential installation and solar education. We operate from one office in Philadelphia, PA. As a B-Corp, our company is committed to the pursuit of the triple bottom line: people, the planet, and profit. Solar States has cultivated a highly productive, yet relaxed company culture. We are looking for self-motivated people who excel at working collaboratively in a growth-oriented environment.
We are looking for an Office Manager to organize and coordinate administrative duties and office procedures. A common misconception is that the Office Manager role is easy or purely administrative. The job requires people skills to manage competing interests at any size company. People who do well in this job are able to think big picture and long-term, and look out for the best interests of the company while keeping most employees happy. The office manager’s role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety. Ultimately, the Office manager should be able to ensure the smooth running of the office and help to improve company procedures and day-to-day operation.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Bookkeeping duties
- Understand and train on CRM management system, “GSuite” (Google), and manage shared drive
- Ensure clean data entry
- Manage, order and distribute all branded gear
- Manage company subscriptions and renewals
- Maintain the office condition, including managing office supplies, office inventory, and any necessary repairs
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services
- Provide support to third-party partners during set initiatives
- Monitor daily clock-ins and clock-outs to ensure accuracy
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and conferences
- Provide support to Solar States’ many education initiatives, including setting up events.
- Proven experience as an office manager, front office manager or administrative assistant preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Proficiency in Quickbooks, G Suite, CRM software
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
ABOUT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Unparalleled flexibility! There is no such thing as a “typical day” for an office manager. One minute you might be entering expenses, and the next you’re coordinating the arrival of an important investor or aiding with the interior design of a new office space.
- Stellar Organization! It might seem like a no-brainer, but being organized is one of the biggest factors when it comes to success in this role.
- Complete Accessibility! An office manager should be accessible – both in terms of availability and of personality. The Solar States team should feel comfortable approaching the office manager for tasks that they own.
- Unparalleled Optimism! When people visit the office – whether it’s a potential new hire, possible investor, or future strategic partner – the office manager is usually the first person they see, and his or her demeanor helps form those oh-so-critical first impressions.
- Magical Creativity! The office vibe sets the tone for the whole business and helps create the culture that we need in order to be productive, creative, and effective. Maintaining a culture and a vibe takes considerable creativity. Office managers dabble in things like interior design and event planning.
Because office managers interact with every part of the business, there’s an especially high potential for growth. Office managers can make one of their current responsibilities a full-time job, transitioning into accounting, recruiting, or even event planning. As they serve as the face of the office, they can also very easily transition to a customer service or community management team. Finally, the fact that they’re often dealing directly with company leadership makes them perfect for business operations or special projects. If you want to be exposed to a broad range of departments, securing a job as our office manager is a great way to invest in your career at Solar States.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Solar States offers a competitive, B-Corp certified compensation program commensurate with experience. Solar States offers vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, health insurance, dental insurance, 401(k) and employee profit share.
Olde Kensington, Philadelphia.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an email with your resume, and a short note about yourself to [email protected] This position will be listed until filled.