Solar States is a Philadelphia-based solar company focusing on commercial and residential installation and solar education. We operate from one office in Philadelphia, PA. As a B-Corp, our company is committed to the pursuit of the triple bottom line: people, the planet, and profit. Solar States has cultivated a highly productive, yet relaxed company culture. We are looking for self-motivated people who excel at working collaboratively in a growth-oriented environment.
Solar States is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Commercial Sales Consultant to join our team of passionate solar experts. The Solar Sales Consultant will be responsible for generating leads and closing commercial solar sales, and battery back-up installations throughout the greater Philadelphia and New Jersey region. The target audience is commercial and industrial real estate, small and medium businesses, and municipalities. As the primary, and often initial point of contact with the customer, the consultant must be comfortable with on site presentations, have a proven track record of closing deals while working independently, and find excitement in public-facing representation of Solar States. The consultant must strive to understand the client needs, assess their energy goals and provide a seamless transition into solar energy through Solar States.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Generate commercial solar leads to develop new accounts and manage the sales cycle from lead generation to close
- Act as a knowledgeable and credible consultative sales professional to ensure a high integrity process that fully informs the client
- Prepare proposals, quotes, contracts or presentations for potential clients
- Conduct analysis of client projected electrical usage and financial ROI and successfully execute a sales proposal and contract
- Serve as an enthusiastic representative of our core values and enthusiasm for clean, renewable energy.
- Select solar energy products, systems, or services for clients based on energy requirements, site conditions and price
- Deliver exceptional customer service to the client, helping create a flawless experience for the client throughout the sales and installation process.
- Perform daily activities in a highly organized and interconnected team environment, using all company communication platforms (strong organizational ability required)
- Develop marketing or strategic plans for territories within Solar States growth market
- Provide technical information about solar power, solar systems and/or equipment to potential clients.
- Network in the community and in the industry through attending various events.
- Quantifiable track record of meeting or exceeding sales metrics
- 2-3 years of solar sales experience, with direct experience in commercial sales.
- Entrepreneurial attitude with the ability to fit into an organized team environment
- Highly knowledgeable about solar technology, with the ability to articulate the financial, technical and environmental merits of a solar system.
- Detail oriented and polite, with excellent verbal and written communication skills and a dedication to high levels of customer service.
- Ability to learn a technical product, work under stress, meet deadlines, prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work under minimal supervision after appropriate training
- Clean driving record, comfortable with regional travel
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Solar States offers a competitive, B-Corp certified compensation program. Commercial Sales Consultants are paid a base salary plus commission, exact wages commensurate with experience.
Solar States offers vacation time, sick time, paid holidays and health insurance. Solar States also shares profits with employees at year end, depending upon company and individual performance.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an email with your resume and a short write-up about yourself to email@example.com