Solar States is a Philadelphia-based solar company focusing on commercial and residential installation and solar education. We operate from one office in Philadelphia, PA. As a B-Corp, our company is committed to the pursuit of the triple bottom line: people, the planet, and profit. Solar States has cultivated a highly productive, yet loose and flat company culture. We are looking for self-motivated people who excel at working collaboratively in a growth-oriented environment.
Each Solar Installer will work with his or her team to assemble, install, or maintain solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on roofs, ground mounts, or other structures in compliance with site assessment and provided plans. The job will include measuring, cutting, assembling, and bolting structural framing and solar modules. This position also includes minor electrical work. Most work will be performed on roofs, so the Installer should be comfortable with heights. Solar installation is largely outdoor work, and installers are expected to dress appropriately for the weather. No one will be asked to work under unsafe conditions.
Solar States is seeking a Solar Installer to join our team of passionate solar experts. The installer will be responsible for jobs in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey region, with occasional travel to other states as needed. Overnight travel may be required.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Install photovoltaic (PV) systems (modules and racking) in accordance with codes and standards using drawings and specs
- Assemble solar modules, panels or support structures; including any trenching or concrete work
- Operate general carpentry and hand tools
- Assist with electrical work needed to connect solar system to electric grid — including grounding systems, controls and testing
- Keep accurate records of lot numbers, module numbers, serial numbers
- Identify electrical, environmental and safety hazards associated with solar installation
- Visually inspect and and test solar modules or systems
- Install required labels on solar system components and hardware
- Perform system maintenance as needed
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system malfunctions and operational issues
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic and fractions, algebra, and basic high school geometry
- Attention to detail
- Ability to perform frequent lifting and bending motions
- Able to lift in excess of 50 lbs. throughout assigned workday
- Able to perform rigorous physical labor and use job related hand tools
- Able to work in extreme environments (in the rain, hot sun, crawlspaces & attics)
- Capable of working at heights and/or confined spaces
- Possess a basic knowledge of materials used in line work
- Self-motivated, and team & customer oriented
- Must be able to follow Company safety rules and all other Company policies
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Base Salary: $15/hour, full time
Solar States offers a competitive, B-Corp certified compensation program. Installers are paid hourly, exact wage commensurate with experience. Each installer is eligible to move up, with the ultimate goal of becoming a solar lead.
Solar States offers vacation time, sick time, paid holidays and health insurance. Solar States also offers a quarterly profit share program.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an email with your resume, and a short write-up about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.