This holiday season may look a little different than years past. 2020 has proven to be a challenging year, especially for local independent businesses in our region. Shopping locally for the holidays (and every day for that matter) is more important now than ever.
If you’re planning to give your friends and loved ones gifts this year, consider spending it with local independent businesses, including SBN members.
When you shop locally, your money helps revenue stay local, supports local jobs, and lowers carbon footprint. Our members have plenty of locally made and sustainable gift options that will hopefully make your friends and loved ones (or even you) feel a little merry and bright this season.
Check out SBN’s 2020 holiday gift guide below!
- FRIEDA Classic Gift Box
- This gift box is quintessential FRIEDA, reminding you of an enjoyable weekend afternoon teas at their Old City location. The set includes Harney & Sons English Breakfast tea, mandelbrot scones, and strawberry mint jam.
- LUHV Food’s Box of LUHV
- Give the gift of delicious vegan meals delivered weekly to someone’s doorstep with LUHV’s Box of Luhv. Chef Daniel Lucci’s vegan dishes are prepared and ready to eat after a few minutes in the microwave. Each box holds 4-10 large meals, and the subscription can be weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. Even better, it comes as a ‘build-your-own-box’, so anyone can swap out meals as often as they like.
- Mariposa Food Co-op Gift Card
- Give the gift of shopping at a community-owned grocery store in West Philadelphia. Gift cards can be purchased in $25 increments up to $200.
- Crust Vegan Bakery Recipe Bundle
- Make Crust Vegan’s beloved chocolate chip cookie, brownie, and coffee cake on your own! All three recipes are combined with a bulk discount so that you can make all three Crust recipes at home. Plus, sweet treats and holiday cookies are available for purchase in their new Manayunk storefront.
- Good Karma Cafe Gift Card
- Looking for a gift for a coffee-shop regular? Consider purchasing a gift card to Good Karma Café that serves organic and fair trade certified coffee in eco-friendly shops with sustainable practices.
- Jezabel’s Alfajores Gift Boxes
- Make someone’s holiday extra bright with this classic Argentinean treat! Jezabel’s offers gift box sets for in-store pickup, local delivery, and nationwide shipping – so everyone can have a bite.
- Night Owl Vegan’s Three Day Meal Plan
- A vegan meal subscription trumps a big chain retailer gift card any day. Try Night Owl Vegan’s three day meal plan as a gift. The plan offers a build-your-own meal selection which includes three breakfasts, three entrees, and three desserts/ snacks) from hand-selected ingredients.
- Philly Fair Trade Roaster’s Coffee
- Looking for the perfect gift for a coffee lover in your life? Try Philly Fair Trade Roasters’ Organic Fair Trade Coffee. Locally roasted in Philadelphia, Philly Fair Trade Roasters coffee can be delivered fresh to anyone’s doorstep.
- Fine Garden Creations Landscaping Consultation
- Shopping for the landscape enthusiast in your life? Consider gifting a service or scheduling a consultation with Fine Garden Creations. This Philadelphia area landscaping service offers landscape design, maintenance, container garden, and holiday consultations.
- Backyard Eats Consultation
- Give the gift of making someone’s backyard a homegrown food experience. Consider scheduling a 90-minute consultation with Backyard Eats, edible gardening experts who design and improve existing gardens to grow food.
- Bennett Compost Gift Card
- Looking for a gift that is environmentally friendly and helpful? Try gifting a Bennett Compost gift card that can be used to purchase any product or service like weekly composting or worm compost for houseplants.
- Karma Diva Green Cleaning Service
- Take the hassle off you or someone else keeping the house clean this holiday season, and purchase an affordable green cleaning service. Karma Diva Green Cleaning uses only products and ingredients that are environmentally safe and effective.
- Trunc Mask Refresher
- After hours of breathing into our masks, we all need a little refresh. Try Trunc’s Mask Refresher Spray and spritz away the lingering scent of your breath.
- Remark Glass Keepsake Line
- Remark Glass’ Keepsake line takes sentimental bottles from any special moments of your life and converts them into glassware that can be cherished for a lifetime.
- Grant BLVD ‘Sustainable Shit Only’ Fanny Pack
- Keep all your essentials in Grant BLVD’s “Sustainable Shit Only” fanny pack. Made from 100% recycled post-consumer polyester, this super cute fanny pack comes with three zippers for your smaller, on-the-go needs.
- Vault & Vine Plant of the Month Three-Month Subscription
- Looking for the perfect gift for a plant lover? Vault & Vine’s offers a three-month plant subscription in which they handpick a new plant each month, and it comes expertly potted in soil with an instructional video on care tips.
- The Kitchen Garden Series Gift Bundle
- For their holiday bundle gift sets, the Kitchen Garden Series features locally sourced products for everyone on your list, including gifts for coffee/ tea lovers, bakers, or the host or hostess in your life.
- VZWraps Reusable Gift Bags
- This holiday season, wrap your gifts in VZ Wraps’ fabric reusable gifts and wine bags.
The featured businesses are all SBN members. Many of these companies manufacture their goods in the Philadelphia region. Some are Black-owned, LGBT+-owned, women-owned, and immigrant-owned. All are locally owned.