Shopping locally for the holidays is more important now than ever. SBN is committed to supporting local independent businesses throughout our region, even more so amid COVID-19.
If you’re planning to give gifts to your friends and loved ones this year, consider spending it with SBN member businesses.
When you shop locally, your money helps revenue stay local, supports local jobs, and lowers carbon footprint. Our members have plenty of locally made and sustainable gift options that will hopefully make your friends, loved ones, or even you feel a little merry and bright this season. Check out our Holiday Gift Guide below!
- Make someone’s holiday extra bright with this classic Argentinean treat. Jezabel’s offers gift box sets for in-store pickup, local delivery, and nationwide shipping – so everyone can have a bite.
LUHV Food’s Box of LUHV
- Give the gift of delicious vegan meals delivered weekly to someone’s doorstep with LUHV’s Box of Luhv. Each box holds 4-10 large meals and is prepared and ready to eat in minutes after heating it up. Even better, it comes as a ‘build-your-own box,’ so anyone can swap out meals as often as they like.
Mariposa Food Co-op Gift Card
- Give the gift of shopping at a community-owned grocery store in West Philadelphia. Gift cards can be purchased in $25 increments up to $200.
White Horse Coffee Roasters Blue Ribbon Blend
- Looking for a gift for the coffee lover in your life? Try White Horse Coffee Roasters’ Blue Ribbon Blend. Locally roasted, the Jenkintown-based roaster uses a zero-emissions, electric roaster for their beans which helps reduce coffee’s carbon footprint by 90%.
Crust Vegan Bakery Recipe Bundle
- Make Crust Vegan’s beloved chocolate chip cookie, brownie, and coffee cake on your own! All three recipes are combined with a bulk discount so that you can make all three Crust recipes at home. Plus, sweet treats and holiday cookies are available for purchase at their Manayunk storefront.
Good Karma Cafe Gift Card
- Looking for a gift for a coffee-shop regular? Consider purchasing a gift card to Good Karma Café that serves organic and fair-trade certified coffee in eco-friendly shops with sustainable practices.
FRIEDA Giftbox Butterfly
- FRIEDA’s gift box set is inspired by “Blue as a Butterfly,” their participatory art project designed to engage and inspire people during the lockdown. The set includes a FRIEDA Pixel-Butterfly mug, a bag of FRIEDA Mandelbrot, and Harney & Sons “Yellow & Blue” tea.
Riverwards Produce Gift Cards
- Give the gift of local, sustainable food via a gift card from Fishtown’s Riverwards Produce. Gift cards range in denominations and are available online and in store.
West Philly Scrub’s One Time Clean
- Take the hassle off you or someone else keeping the house clean this holiday season and purchase a one-time clean with West Philly Scrub, a queer-owned, hyper-local cleaning service. West Philly Scrub exclusively services the Cedar Park area and its surrounding neighborhoods, so it’s best to gift this to someone (or yourself) if they live in the 19143, 19139, and 19104 area codes.
Fine Garden Creations Landscaping Consultation
- Shopping for the landscape enthusiast in your life? Consider gifting a service or scheduling a consultation with Fine Garden Creations. This Philadelphia area landscaping service offers landscape design, maintenance, container garden, and holiday consultations.
Redbud Native Plant Nursery Gift Card
- Redbud Native Plant Nursey offers indigenous perennials, bushes, and trees for the home gardener, land manager, or restorationist in your life. Gift cards range in denominations and are available online and in store.
Backyard Eats Consultation
- Give the gift of making someone’s backyard a homegrown food experience. Consider scheduling a 90-minute consultation with Backyard Eats, edible gardening experts who design and improve existing gardens to grow food.
Bennett Compost Gift Card
- Looking for a gift that is environmentally friendly and helpful? Try gifting a Bennett Compost gift card that can be used to purchase any product or service like weekly composting or worm compost for houseplants.
Remark Glass Limited Edition Kaleidoscope Set
- Remark Glass’ Limited Edition Kaleidoscopecup sets add a splash of color to any meal or happy hour. The set comes in four carefully curated and mixed color glasses, holding approximately 10oz. All of Remark Glass’ glassware is handmade, 100% recycled, individually unique, and your purchase helps remove glass from our local waste stream.
Grant BLVD ‘Sustainable Shit Only’ Fanny Pack
- Keep all your essentials in Grant BLVD’s “Sustainable Shit Only” fanny pack. Made from 100% recycled post-consumer polyester, this super cute fanny pack comes with three zippers for your smaller, on-the-go needs.
Vault & Vine Plant of the Month Club Subscription
- Looking for the perfect gift for a plant lover? Vault & Vine’s offers a monthly plant subscription that they handpick each month, and it comes expertly potted in soil with an instructional video on care tips. Club subscriptions are three, six, and twelve months.
The Kitchen Garden Textile’s Everything Subscription
- Give a gift that keeps on giving with Kitchen Garden Textile’s Everything Subscription. The subscription package offers eco-friendly sunshine delivered straight to your door 2 or 4 times per year and features cloths used for tea and coffee filters, dining linens, produce bags, and much more.
Trunc’s Cypress Grove Dinner Ware Collection
- Trunc’s Northern Liberties’ shop offers many socially responsible, handmade and artisanal gifts, but their Cypress Grove Dinner Ware Collection adds a dramatic look to any holiday table setting.
The Rounds Gift Cards
- Give the gift of stocking up on everyday essentials with a gift card from The Rounds — an eco-friendly alternative to on-demand services – that delivers and refills on your items with zero packaging waste. Gift cards can be purchased in $25 increments up to $100 and with exclusive merch.
VZWraps Reusable Gift Bags
- This holiday season, wrap your gifts in VZ Wraps’ fabric reusable gifts and wine bags.
The featured businesses are all SBN members. Many of these companies manufacture their goods in the Philadelphia region. Some are Black-owned, LGBT+-owned, women-owned, and immigrant-owned. All are locally owned. This list will periodically update throughout the holiday season.