The Board of Directors for the Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN) is now accepting applications for Board members. As a member of SBN’s Board of Directors, you’ll play an integral role in shaping the strategy, major organizational policies, and direction of SBN going forward. Board members provide appropriate work in partnership with the Executive Director to advance SBN’s strategic objectives:
- Equity and anti-oppression are embedded in all we do
- Critical growth industries—the regional food system, renewable energy and energy efficiency, and green stormwater infrastructure industries—thrive in the region, creating opportunities for diverse small businesses and workers, providing family-supporting wages, enhancing equitable community development, and advancing climate resilience
- The policies and budget priorities of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and City of Philadelphia support an economic ecosystem that centers localism, protects our environment, and ensures prosperity for all
- SBN continues to be recognized as the region’s thought and practice leader on local independent business issues, triple bottom line business practices, and an equitable, inclusive, and climate resilient economy
- The region’s diverse independent businesses are doing well by doing good
- SBN has the infrastructure, and human and financial assets necessary to achieve our goals
Our ideal candidates are business owners or executives with a track record of practicing – and measuring success by – the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profitability. SBN is committed to creating a diverse board that represents our region’s assets, perspectives, and voices. We believe that the broadest possible participation of different races, genders, and other identities is vital to SBN’s continued relevance and our ability to best serve our mission. As such, we strongly encourage people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and other diverse identities to apply for open positions on our Board of Directors.
To read the Board director position in full, please find it here: SBN Board Member Job Posting.
How to apply:
Candidate application forms are available here. Applications are due no later than Friday October 14, 2022. All candidates must complete the candidate application form, and include requested submissions detailed on that form. Send completed candidate application forms and/or any questions via email to [email protected].
SBN values the diversity of our region’s assets, perspectives, and voices. We believe that the broadest possible participation of different races, genders, and other identities is vital to SBN’s continued relevance and our ability to best serve our mission. As such, we strongly encourage people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and other identities to apply for this and all open positions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. SBN’s non-discrimination policy can be found here.