Leadership experience at a business-led organization
The Nominations Committee for the Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN) is now accepting applications for open positions on our Board of Directors. The SBN Board of Directors is a working Board that focuses on governance and fundraising.
For our Term beginning February 2018, we will have a maximum of five (5) open positions to fill on our Board. As a Board committed to representing all sectors of a robust, local economy and the needs of our organization, candidates with the following backgrounds are also encouraged to apply:
- An entrepreneur engaged in sustainable business practices
- Knowledge or experience working in the transportation industry
- Prior non-profit board experience with a successful track record in fundraising and development
- An attorney with corporate governance, employment and/or non-profit experience
- A professional that is involved with SBN’s GSI Partners collaborative
- An engaged, qualified, and connected individual that is looking to serve!
We continue to be committed to creating a diverse and inclusive board that represents our membership in terms of business size, business sector, race/ethnic groups, age, and gender. All applications are very welcome. Candidates who are chosen as nominees must accept the nomination before they can be placed on the ballot.
- Attend board meetings
- Participate in an annual 2-day strategic planning retreat
- Participate in and/or lead at least one Committee
- Actively support SBN fundraising and membership recruiting efforts
- Support the organization through regular attendance at events
- Serve three-year Board term
How to Apply:
Candidate application forms are due via e-mail by Friday, October 13th, 2017.
All candidates should complete the candidate application form (available here), which includes a short bio, a statement about why the candidate is interested in joining the Board and an explanation of the skills and expertise that the candidate would bring to the Board. Please send completed candidate application forms via e-mail to Brandon Woods, SBN Operations Associate, at [email protected]
If you are selected to be interviewed for a Board seat, interviews will take place in November. Following, the Nominations Committee makes a recommendation to the Directors and the Membership of the nominees that best fit the needs of the Board. Membership will vote on the Nomination Committee’s recommended slate of Board Candidates at the January 2018 Annual Membership Meeting.
Thank you –
The Nominations Committee: Melissa Muroff (Chair), Amy Kate Failing, Cliff David, Paul Marcus
Questions? [email protected]