Since our founding in 2001, SBN has helped thousands of local, independent, values-driven businesses in the Greater Philadelphia region to build profitable enterprises that serve the community, share wealth, and protect the environment.
Our 20+-year strong commitment to improving local businesses for good throughout the region would not be possible without the support of people like you – our friends, supporters, and advocates. When you give to SBN, you contributions go towards the following:
- Provide programming and resources to thousands of local businesses throughout the region, allowing them to make better, sustainable choices in their operations and practices.
- Directly supporting businesses and entities that cannot meet our current membership dues through scholarship funds.
- Help us advocate for local and state-wide policies that protect people, the environment, and our vibrant independent business community.
- Foster and support our members’ triple bottom-line goals.
- Fulfill our mission to transform our local economy to one that is just, green, and thriving.
For individuals who wish to be part of our community, there are opportunities to lend your support to our mission and our membership—participating as a Friend of SBN or a Small Business Champion gives you access to member events and other benefits. Please see below for more information.
- Champion for Small Business: A one-time donation of $275 (or recurring donation of $23 per month) will cover the annual membership cost for a business that cannot meet current membership dues. All Champions for Small Businesses have access to member events with the option of name recognition on our website.
- Friend of SBN: An individual (student, consultant, etc.) interested in joining SBN’s community while giving back in an impactful way can sign up as a Friend of SBN. A one-time donation of $75 (or recurring donation of $7 per month) provides Friends of SBN access to member events and pricing.
Thank you for supporting our work and mission! SBN is a 501c3 and contributions are tax deductible. Together we can build a just, green, and thriving local economy.