Meliora Design is seeking a motivated Structural Engineer to support and lead structural design and construction administration efforts for a wide range of projects. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in structural analysis, steel design, concrete design and timber design, be an innovative thinker, and have the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects under deadlines. An interest or background in sustainability is a plus, as is advanced knowledge of AutoCAD. This is a full-time position.
Meliora Design is a civil engineering firm founded in 2007 with a focus on sustainable site design, water resources management and structural engineering. Our firm has expanded to provide a wide array of engineering services to our clients.
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in structural engineering and design
- High proficiency in AutoCAD software
- Comprehensive knowledge of IBC, AISC, ACI and ASCE codes
- Registered as a PE
- Experience with STAAD or similar structural analysis software
- Experience with Construction Administration
- Working closely and communicating regularly (both oral and written) with coworkers and clients
- Working on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously, utilizing organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Technical responsibilities include project design, CAD drafting, permitting, and construction administration activities as well as developing design reports and construction documents
- Performing project management efforts, such as managing project scopes, budgets, invoices and client deliverables
- Leading or working in groups or individually to provide a wide range of engineering skills including: demolition plans, framing plans, structural details, rebar detailing, steel, concrete and timber connections
- Visit project sites during construction
Meliora is an equal opportunity employer with a flexible and dynamic work environment, and opportunity for growth.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.