Campaign Coordinator, Philadelphia
PennFuture seeks a Campaign Coordinator to support PennFuture’s work in Philadelphia, where they will help to support the organizations campaigns by building relationships with a diverse constituency in Philadelphia’s many neighborhoods. The goal of these efforts is to engage and connect community voices with efforts to improve environmental outcomes in the city, including water quality, green stormwater infrastructure, and climate mitigation and resiliency.
Currently, PennFuture’s Philadelphia priorities are focused on clean water advocacy, green stormwater infrastructure, climate change, and green economy-related issues through its Keep Philly Green + Water Clean campaign. PennFuture is looking for a Campaign Coordinator who might also contribute to a broader campaign for a green and just recovery in the city as a pathway out of the pandemic and economic downturn.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND JUSTICE PennFuture knows that in order to achieve our mission, we need to ensure that all Pennsylvanians have equitable access to clean air, clean water, a stable climate, and a clean and sustainable economy. We are committed to ensuring diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in our organizational culture, policies, practices, and programs. Like the environmental and conservation movement writ large, we have historically fallen short in our efforts to build a truly equitable Pennsylvania. Our vision is to center equity and justice in everything we do as well as to combat systems of oppression and injustices that have long harmed Pennsylvania’s environmental justice communities.
• Assist the Campaign Manager in all Philadelphia advocacy campaigns to advance PennFuture’s green stormwater, climate, watershed, and sustainability work, and assist with other initiatives
• Work as part of a coordinated interdepartmental team in Philadelphia to achieve PennFuture’s objectives, including collaborating with legal and communication staff
• Develop, strengthen, and nurture alliances and work in partnership with diverse constituent groups—including communities of color, immigrant communities, low-income communities and other traditionally underserved communities—to advocate for regulatory and policy solutions to improve environmental outcomes in Philadelphia
• Identify, nurture, and elevate volunteer leadership within impacted communities to help shape and inform campaign goals, tactics, and strategies
• Elevate the disproportionate impact of these water quality threats on communities of color, immigrant communities, low-income communities, and other traditionally underserved communities in PennFuture’s campaigns
• Plan and manage events to raise visibility and support for the campaign
• Manage and help plan in-district visits with targeted legislators and other elected officials
• Community outreach, event tabling, and perform other project and administrative duties, as directed
• Increase the number of grasstops and partners willing to participate in campaigns; recruit and manage members, supporters, and volunteers
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Strong commitment to PennFuture’s mission and demonstrated commitment to advancing environmental protection with vision and results
• Commitment to the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice and employing that in all their work
• Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant professional or volunteer experience
• Knowledge of and experience with at least one of the following issues: Philadelphia policy processes, engaging with communities or elected officials, or broader advocacy on environmental issues
• Proven success in campaign work and field organizing with a demonstrated ability to develop strong, authentic relationships with BIPOC, low-income and immigrant communities preferred
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Experience working with, or an enthusiastic willingness to learn how to work with, a diverse representation of stakeholders, advocacy organizations, and elected officials
• Ability to work quickly, independently, and proactively on project and campaign developments
• Ability to travel and to maintain a flexible work schedule; be willing to work some evenings and/or weekends, as needed
LOCATION, SALARY, AND BENEFITS: This position is based out of PennFuture’s Philadelphia office. This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary range is $40,000 – $45,000. Benefits package includes health care, dental, vision, paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays, and a 403(b)-retirement plan.
PennFuture encourages applications from individuals underrepresented in the environmental community, including people of color and persons with nontraditional work and educational experience. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
SUBMISSION: The deadline to apply for this position is Friday, August 6, 2021.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to [email protected]. Please write “PHILADELPHIA CAMPAIGN COORDINATOR” in the subject line. Phone calls will not be accepted.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.pennfuture.org/Files/Admin/PhillyCampaignCoordinator_JobDescript_FINAL.pdf →